Thursday 23 October 2014

Oreo Blondies

Soft and cakey blondies with a delicious, secret layer of whole Oreo cookies. Filled with a load of chocolate chips - this is a chocoholics dream!!


Every time I make blondies I am reminded of how much I love them. They always go down an absolute storm whoever I make them for! These one were especially popular because, lets be honest, who doesn't love Oreos? Martin cannot get enough of these!

I feel like the world has gone Oreo mad. The ridiculously huge range of Oreo flavours available, not to mention Oreo flavoured everything just shows our addiction. I personally don't like Oreos on their own, not one but. But I LOVE baking with them: they just make everything better.

As I've mentioned before, I love this blondie recipe because you can do absolutely anything with it. Check out my last blondie recipe here. I had a particular Oreo-bake craving last night and this seemed like the perfect, easy, whip-up-in-no-time option. Blondies don''t need any fancy equipment, ingredients or techniques, can be prepared in 10 minutes and baked in 30. Perfect to satisfy any sweet tooth that just won't wait!




All you need for this recipe is this blondie recipe minus the marshmallows, smarties and sprinkles and a few Oreos. I used 6 because but 8 or even 12 would surely be delicious. Basically fill your baking tin!!

Preheat the oven to 180c and follow the method to make the blondie batter. Instead of the extras specified in the loaded blondies recipe, stir in 100g of chocolate chips. I think white chocolate chips would be just as de;icious in this recipe - you choose!! If it feels a bit too thick add a splash of milk. It should be a spreadable, thick consistency.

Scoop half of the batter into the prepared tin, spread until it is evenly filled and push the Oreos slightly into the batter. Spread the other half over the top to cover the cookies. Don't worry if a few poke out at the corners or the edges.


I could have squeezed a few more Oreos in, as you can see but this is all I wanted at the time. You could fill yours until you have a full layer of cookies. I wouldn't recommend overlapping them too much though if it could be helped.

Once the top layer of batter is spread and even, bake for around 30 minutes. You will know it's ready when a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean. Take out of the oven and leave to slightly cool in the tin. But don't leave for too long, these are definitely best enjoyed warm!!

If you make these and decide to add more Oreos or white chocolate chips, please let me know how it goes. I always love to hear feedback! Happy baking, everyone :)


Teri x

No comments:

Post a Comment